Thursday, November 15, 2012

Sony VAIO PCV-RX560

I have a older Sony Vaio Desk Top and I want to add memory?
Ok i have a Sony VAIO PCV-RX560 but it only have 256mb of memory and its limit even with filling the other slot is 256 so that comes to 512. That's not near enough memory for me and speed for my computer. So what dose every one suggest that I do to make this a really fast Itunes computer what do I need to change over to get a ton of memory and speed?
Desktops - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Your Vaio only has 2 RAM slots. Each memory slot can hold SDRAM, PC133 with a maximum of 256MB per slot. So , aside from just getting another 256 stick, your looking at either an entire motherboard replacement, or shell out about $300 bux for an inexpensive eMachine.
2 :
If its limit is 512, increase the total system memory to 512. Once you've reached the max, there's not a lot more you can do except to tweak all your Windows settings, defrag the hard drive, stuff like that.

Read more discussions: