Thursday, November 8, 2012

Sony VAIO PCG-K33

How much longer before I cant do anything with my Sony VAIO PCG-K33 with 3.06GHz and 1GB RAM?
I bought a Sony VAIO PCG-K33 1GB RAM and 3GHz processor Pentium 4. It has Windows XP Home. I am wondering what i cant do with it that XP Pro can, and how much longer before it will be obsolete. **1GB was upgraded and is the max that one can take. Thanks.
Laptops & Notebooks - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
It'll make a nice paperweight in about a year or 2 maybe ;)
2 :
It won't be obsolete until Microsoft stops issuing critical updates for it. On 8 April 2014, all Windows XP support, including security updates and security-related hotfixes will be terminated. Think of it as a tool, as long as it allows you to do things like access the Internet and email, and type documents and create spreadsheets, it won't be obsolete. But the computer hardware will not last forevever, figure it has no more than 5 years of life at most, so during that time figure out what you want your next computer to be and see what becomes available. I have Windows XP on a desktop, a laptop, and a new mini-laptop (Acer Aspire One) so I intend to use it as long a possible. I'm not a gamer, so I don't care about overclocking or other performance issues. .

Read more discussions: