Sunday, November 1, 2009

What is better for the battery life of a Sony Vaio laptop?

What is better for the battery life of a Sony Vaio laptop?
I bought a new Sony Vaio laptop yesterday and fully charged it. Now my question is: Is it better to take the laptop off the charger and use it 'till the battery is fully empty and then charge it again. Or is it better to just keep it plugged in the charger when I work on it (at home)?
Laptops & Notebooks - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Most batteries these days are L-ion (lithium ion). They have a special memory which cuts the battery life short. I'll explain: If you get your laptop charger and keep charging it at half way. If you do this for a long time (a few months) the battery will get used to getting charged at half way and the battery will just basically fall to 0 when it was supposed to be at halfway. This is hard to conquer in a laptop because you are constantly moving it around. My advice is - Only charge it when it's VERY low like about to die, but if you REALLY need it charged then do it. Just don't do it too often. Also, once in a while (maybe a few months) You should drain the battery life down to 0% (completely gone) Then charge it back up, this will make sure that windows and the battery are in sync. So there are no false readings. Hope all this helps -jgv115-
2 :
Use the battery only when you have no wall socket to plug it in.
3 :
Hi, go to http://www.power-batteries.net/notebook/sony/vgp-bps5.html ,and refer to "Top Tips To Extend Your SONY vgp-bps5 Battery's Life" . There are lots of problems and tips for solving the the problems, good luck and have a nice day!
4 :
I brought my vaio around a year ago and my battery is fine. But I've had to replace my charger two times in the space of approx. 6 months... The charger just didn't light up anymore and couldnt seem to charge my laptop so i would watch out for that... I just keep my charger on and it's been working for me. I would recommend if you use the battery to use up all the power before plugging it in again.

Read more discussions: