Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Sony Vaio laptop (VGN-CR410E)

Does anybody else have problems with Sony Vaio laptops?
I own a Sony Vaio laptop (VGN-CR410E) and lately it has been giving me nothing but trouble. It is getting very hot, and it will randomly shut down. Also, the CPU usage is at or near 100% most of the time when I have nothing running. I go back to school in a few weeks, and all of this worries me. Is anyone else is having this issue, and how can I fix it without having to take it to the store, or ship it out?
Laptops & Notebooks - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I have a Sony Vaio and it works perfectly fine. How old is yours? Mine is a little over a year old and I haven't had any trouble.
2 :
A few things can be done to fix the problem. First off, it's a well known fact that laptops in general tend to have more over heating problems than desktops. One way to alleviate the severity of this problem is to go to your nearest bestbuy and buy a can of compressed air. Blow the air through the air vents in your laptop. This will clear out the dust that's accumulated in your air vents and help your laptop better cool itself. You can also buy a cooling pad for your laptop. Just lowering the heat will help your computer's performance (heat is your computers worst enemy). The shutdowns are most likely a product of overheating (when a computer gets too hot to function, it saves itself by powering down to avoid physical damage). As for the CPU usage, you should press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC to bring up the task manager. Click the Processes tab and look under the CPU section. The numbers usually should be either 00 or lower numbers that fluctuate. The ones that are really high (consistently above 10) are the reasons that you are having 100% cpu taken up. End those processes and you'll find your computer runs much faster. The only thing that should be consistently high is "Idle Processes".
3 :
I have a sony vaio laptop and I never have had that kind of cpu problem but it does get hot when I play games. Are you covering the vents on the side of your laptop?

Read more discussions: