Monday, August 1, 2011

Can I repair the Hard drive using a sony vaio recovery cd?

Can I repair the Hard drive using a sony vaio recovery cd?
I hv Sony vaio notebook.Recently when I start it it shows only blue screen and nothing else.I hv a recovery CD .I want to know whether i can repair my hard drive (if it has crashed) including saving all my data using recover cd? Also I want to know how to use recovery cd?
Laptops & Notebooks - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
You have what is known as the Blue Screen of Death..usually a hardware failure like your hard drive. You can use your recovery disk to try to do a "automatic" system repair.. Here is the full guide on that.....just skip down to where it states: XP Repair install http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm If you can't even get your boot disk to pop up before the blue screen then you will need to boot into your bios screen by rebooting and tapping the F1 key. Once in the bios menu navigate over to boot sequence screen and choose to have your CD/DVD player to be your 1 in line to boot and then your Hard drive as second. .save and reboot again. If after the repair your windows still does not work then you will unfortunately have to do a full system recovery which will wipe your drive clean and re-install windows. If that fails then it will be something other than the hard drive...not sure

Read more discussions: