Thursday, July 29, 2010

how do you make a CPU fan run always in a sony vaio cs series?

how do you make a CPU fan run always in a sony vaio cs series?
I have a sony vaio cs series laptop which automatically shuts down. I was told it is the CPU fan which is not cooling the laptop effectively. I would like to know how to set the CPU fan to run continuously to prevent it to heat up and shut down unexpectedly. I am not a heavy user and use my laptop for surfing/email and regular usage only. May laptops' 2 yrs old.
Laptops & Notebooks - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
It is not good for your computer fan to always be running it would collect a lot of dust and take a lot of power/ sometimes lag your computer. You could always clean your computer or cpu fan by taking it apart or giving it to a professional to clean. I am able to take apart my laptop easily and clean the fans myself to prevent heating.
2 :
I had the same problem with my laptop. I bought a can of air and sprayed through all the venting areas, one will be the fan too. It cooled it for me. Then I went and got an inexpensive cooling fan. I don't use it now because I just spray the fan vent out every once in a while.Have had no problems sense. Good Luck
3 :
you cannot, unless you change your CPU fan.. or better yet buy a laptop cooling pad. it will help you keep your laptop cool.

Read more discussions: