Thursday, April 7, 2011

What do you think of your Sony Vaio laptop?

What do you think of your Sony Vaio laptop?
My HP is currently broken and, in the event that it is unfixable, I am considering buying a Sony Vaio. So what I need to know, from Sony Vaio users, is: Do you like it? Does it run well? What kinds of problems do you have with it? Would you recommend it? **I do not want "I read this on the internet" answers. I want actual, personal experience.
Laptops & Notebooks - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
between my HP laptop and that old vaio i had, i'd still go with the HP the vaio is a fine laptop, it's just not as clean looking as the HP, and it feels like the HP overall has a better feel it's not like either is better when specs are compared i'd recommend it to a person who doesnt like HP
2 :
How about input from someone who repairs these things? Sony's are better built with better quality parts and parts failures are more uncommon than in HPs. Brand new HPs often have hard drive problems -- don't know why but I replace at least 6 a week. There was a bad run of heatsinks that didn't have cooling gel in them, but I think that's licked now. Another bad run of HP 8440ps that had keyboard lights that wont open. Sony's are only beaten out by Lenovo's for quality. Parts that fail in the first year are rare for Lenovos and Sonys. HP runs somewhere in the middle.

Read more discussions: