Friday, May 1, 2009

How do I connect a Sony Vaio Laptop to a Phillips TV?

How do I connect a Sony Vaio Laptop to a Phillips TV?
I have Sony Vaio laptop and I have tons of movies on it. I want to watch these movies on a TV screen. My TV is a regular TV not LCD flat or anything. How do I connect it so I can watch the movie I have on my laptop on my TV.
Home Theater - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
it depends on what type of connections can go in to your tv
2 :
Does your Vaio have a video output? My Vaio has an HDMI output...but that would not work with a regular tv. Does your TV have an S Video input? There might be an HDMI to S Video conversion cable that you could use if so.
3 :
Your best bet is an s-video cable and an audio cable I think. First, examine your laptop and TV, go on the internet, and figure what ports they have. Then go to a local best buy or something and describe it to the salesperson. They should point out the correct product. Another way is to buy a separate computer monitor and hook it up to that. It is much easier.
Read more discussions: