Sunday, February 1, 2009

How do i get my Sony Vaio laptop to autodim when not in use on battery?

How do i get my Sony Vaio laptop to autodim when not in use on battery? Is there a program i can download?
It might be called smart dimmer or something, but i've seen other laptops (inc Macs) which dim automatically after a period of time when not touched. This would be great for conserving battery - how do i get it on my Sony Vaio? Can i download the software somewhere? I'm running Vista Home Premium. Thanks!
Software - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I am not sure if Sony includes any power management software, but Vista also has a Power Options control panel.
2 :
> Go to the Control Panel > Power Options > "Change plan settings" > "Change Advanced power settings" > Expand +Display tree > Expand +Dim display after > Change to your liking. > Apply & OK Hope I have helped, it may not be absolutely accurate, as I am running Windows 7.

Read more discussions: